A CSE has the knowledge and skills necessary to proficiently perform a specific IPC standard or group of standards, but does not teach or study IPC standards. As a CSE, you may provide direct support to your company as a subject specialist on the IPC-A-620, working with a variety of functions and providing critical interpretation assistance of the standards, without the requirements imposed on previous IPC Instructor Certifications. The IPC-A-620 Certified Standards Expert (CSE) Training and Certification Course is a rigorous four (4) day paragraph-by-paragraph study of the IPC-A-620 Standard.
After the Course fulfilment, trainees will be subjected to open and closed book written examinations. Prospects for CSE certification must complete three exams:
1) The Enhanced Policy and Procedures Exam,
2) General Knowledge Exam
3) Standard Endorsement Exam.
The General Knowledge Exam consists of 30 multiple-choice questions. It is a closed-book test. The 70 multiple-choice questions on the Standard-Specific exam are open-book. A candidate must finish the exam within two and a half hours.
An IPC-A-620 Certified Standards Expert (CSE) Certification valid for two (2) years is awarded to students who complete this Course. An appropriate recertification course for Certified Standards Expert (CSE) who have achieved their Certified Standards Expert (CSE) certification within the last two years is available to students who have previously achieved their CSE certification.
Who this course is for
- Anyone interested in becoming a subject matter expert with a high level of knowledge and expertise in a specific IPC standard or group of standards should not offer classes or provide education on IPC standards.
- The duty of the Certified Standards Expert may differ by organization, but the CSE will be able to:
- Provide relevant answers to standard-related questions, support various levels of the organization, and, interpreted the standard for their organization.
- A viewed condition impacts the integrity of a judge’s decisions.
- Function as the negotiator between the society and IPC staff and/or industry experts on standards questions.
- Ensure the organisation is updated on the latest standards and best practices from the industry.
- Send feedback to standards committees on how to update the process for inclusion in the standards.
- Develop assembly processes by communicating with designers and process engineers.
Module 1 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C General content, applicable documents, wire preparation, measuring, and testing
All of the content that applies to other sections of the document, lists of applicable documents, and electronic assemblies should be included in this module.
- Introduction/IPC Professional Policies and Procedures (section 1)
- Foreword and Applicable Documents (section 2)
- Cable/wire preparation (section 3)
- Measuring Cable Assemblies (section 11)
- Testing Cable Assemblies (section 19)
Module 2 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Crimping and Insulation Displacement
The Wire and cable Connections knowledge module include process requirements and acceptability restrictions for wire and cable connections performed by crimping and Insulation Displacement Connectors.
- Crimp Terminations (section 5)
- Insulation Displacement Connections (section 6)
Module 3 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Soldered Terminals and High Voltage
Process and acceptability requirements must be met for wire and cable connections made by soldering and those connections used in a high voltage assembly.
- Soldered Terminations (section 4)
- High Voltage Applications (section 20)
Module 4 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Connectorization, Molding and Potting
It is the process requirements and acceptability requirements for wire and cable connections installed into various connectors and mouldings and potting.
- Connectorization (section 9)
- Molding/Potting (section10)
Module 5 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Splices
The wire and cable process requirements and acceptability requirements contained in this knowledge module are for wire and cable requiring splices.
- Splices (section 8)
Module 6 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Marking, Securing, Shielding, and finished assemblies
The wire and cable assembly marking, securing, shielding, and finishing processes must be conformity approved in this knowledge module.
- Marking/Labeling (section 12)
- Wire Bundle Securing (section 14)
- Shielding (section 15)
- Protective Coverings (section 16)
Module 7 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Coaxial Cables
The wire and cable assembly knowledge module includes process requirements and acceptability considerations for coaxial cables.
- Coaxial and Twinaxial Cable Assemblies (section 13)
Module 8 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Ultrasonic Welding and Solderless wrap
Ultrasonic welding or solderless wrap connections can result in wire and cable assemblies that require process requirements and acceptability restrictions all are outlined in this knowledge module.
- Solderless Wire Wrap (section 18)
- Ultrasonic Welding (section 7)
If you want to reduce the time spent away from the office, traveling, and the cost of sending people to the class, On-Site Training may be for you. But, this might only be cost-effective for several people. We are not limited to just one type of training, at Ectrotec Training we have both on-site and training centers. For more information on student quantity and material discounts, please contact our business support team.
Who we are
EctroTech is one of the largest training centres for the electronics industry in Europe, providing technical training and support for the manufacturing industry to quality people with quality that’s unbeatable. Our clients operate across various industries, including telecommunications, saleable electronics, automotive, protection and security, automotive, railroad, aviation and space, oil and gas, medical, life support, and more. With over more than 25+ years of experience in the manufacturing, testing, and quality inspection of various high ticket industries like Military, Medical, Aerospace, Aircraft, and Commercial electronics and more. From inspection services to ESD services, consultancy, training services and more, we have a wide range of products and services.Content-based open courses are not only customisable, but also engaging and informative. Customised training, on the other hand, are specifically designed to meet your learning demands. The recognition of the training is also high, so the effect will be optimal. We provide training materials, knowledge/skill assessments, solder training kits, IPC materials, and more to help your manufacturing operations succeed.