A CSE is someone with deep knowledge and understanding of a specific IPC standard or set of standards but has not graduated from an IPC recognized training program. As a CSE, you may provide direct support to your company as a subject specialist on the IPC-A-610, working with a variety of functions and providing critical interpretation assistance of the standards, without the requirements imposed on previous IPC Instructor Certifications. This IPC-A-610 Certified Standards Expert (CSE) Training and Certification Course is a rigorous four (4) day paragraph-by- paragraph study of the IPC-A-610 Standard.
After the Course fulfilment, trainees will be subjected to open and closed book written examinations. Prospects for CSE certification must complete three exams:
1) The Enhanced Policy and Procedures Exam,
2) General Knowledge Exam
3) Standard Endorsement Exam.
The General Knowledge Exam consists of 30 multiple-choice questions. It is a closed-book test. The 70 multiple-choice questions on the Standard-Specific exam are open-book. A candidate must finish the exam within two and a half hours.
To earn an IPC-A-610 Certified Standards Expert (CSE) certification valid for two (2) years, students must complete this course. Students who have achieved their Certified Standards Expert (CSE) certification may take an appropriate recertification course for CSE who have previously achieved their CSE designation.
Who this course is for
- Anyone interested in becoming a subject matter expert with a high level of knowledge and expertise in a specific IPC standard or group of standards should not offer classes or provide education on IPC standards.
- The duty of the Certified Standards Expert may differ by organization, but the CSE will be able to:
- Provide relevant answers to standard-related questions, support various levels of the organization, and, interpreted the standard for their organization.
- A viewed condition impacts the integrity of a judge’s decisions.
- Function as the negotiator between the society and IPC staff and/or industry experts on standards questions.
- Ensure the organisation is updated on the latest standards and best practices from the industry.
- Send feedback to standards committees on how to update the process for inclusion in the standards.
- Develop assembly processes by communicating with designers and process engineers.
Module 1 – IPC-A-610G Foreword, Applicable Documents, and Handling
All other sections of the document, applicable documents, and electronic assemblies apply content found in this module, a list of applicable documents, and the processing of electronic assemblies.
- General Overview
- Personnel Proficiency
- Definition of Requirements
- Terms and Definitions
- Inspection Methodology
- Basic material handling, electro-static discharge (ESD) basics and facility guidelines
Module 2 – IPC-A-610G Soldering and High Voltage
The visual inspection criteria for high voltage soldered connections is provided in this knowledge module. Students who also take modules 4, 5, or 6 must take this module.
- Soldering Acceptability Requirements
- Soldering Anomalies
- High voltage soldering criteria
Module 3 – IPC-A-610G Component Damage & PCBs, Cleanliness
Students who will also complete modules 4, 5, and 6 must complete this additional knowledge module if they want to be certain that their assemblies are clean and properly packaged. This module is required for those who will do so. And also must also complete the visual inspection criteria for component damage, PCB damage, and cleanliness of assemblies in this additional knowledge module.
- Damage to individual components
- Non-Soldered Contact Areas
- Laminate Conditions
- Flexible and Rigid-Flex Printed Circuitry
- Cleanliness requirements
- Solder Mask Coating
- Conformal Coating
Module 4 – IPC-A-610G Terminals
Visual inspection criteria are added to this knowledge module to identify terminal and wire connections.
- attachment of terminals to circuit boards (swaging)
- Placement and soldering criteria of wires to terminals
Module 5 – IPC-A-610G Through-hole Technology
The visual inspection criteria for through-hole connections are contained in this additional knowledge module.
- Handling, placement and solder requirements for trough hole components
Module 6 – IPC-A-610G Surface Mount Technology
The visual inspection criteria for Surface Mount connections are contained in this additional knowledge module.
- Handling, placement and solder requirements for most common surface mount components
Module 7 – IPC-A-610G Hardware
The visual inspection criteria for hardware and hardware connections used on electronic assemblies are contained in this additional knowledge module.
- Various support materials that are used to install components onto PCBs
- Installing PCAs into product chassis
Module 8 – IPC-A-610G Solderless Wire Wrap
The visual inspection criteria for solderless wire wrap connections are included in this additional knowledge module.
- Acceptability of wire to pin connections (Also known as Discrete Wiring)
If you want to reduce the time spent away from the office, traveling, and the cost of sending people to the class, On-Site Training may be for you. But, this might only be cost-effective for several people. We are not limited to just one type of training, at Ectrotec Training we have both on-site and training centers. For more information on student quantity and material discounts, please contact our business support team.
Who we are
EctroTech is one of the largest training centres for the electronics industry in Europe, providing technical training and support for the manufacturing industry to quality people with quality that’s unbeatable. Our clients operate across various industries, including telecommunications, saleable electronics, automotive, protection and security, automotive, railroad, aviation and space, oil and gas, medical, life support, and more. With over more than 25+ years of experience in the manufacturing, testing, and quality inspection of various high ticket industries like Military, Medical, Aerospace, Aircraft, and Commercial electronics and more. From inspection services to ESD services, consultancy, training services and more, we have a wide range of products and services.Content-based open courses are not only customisable, but also engaging and informative. Customised training, on the other hand, are specifically designed to meet your learning demands. The recognition of the training is also high, so the effect will be optimal. We provide training materials, knowledge/skill assessments, solder training kits, IPC materials, and more to help your manufacturing operations succeed.