Those who want to become certified as instructors in different IPC specifications for the electronic assembly industry are advised to consider the Certified IPC Trainer Programs. The IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) Training and Certification Course is an intensive four (4) day high intensity detailed paragraph-by-paragraph review of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard and a basic instructor skills review.
Students will take open book written exams at the conclusion of the Course. An IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) Certification is valid for two (2) years after successfully completing this course. A relevant Recertification course/training is available to IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) skilled students who have previously achieved their Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) certification in the last two years.
Who this course is for
- Ectrotec’s Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) programs are for you if you’re an experienced and skilled electronics technician, engineer or supervisor who wants to teach and train colleagues about IPC quality standards. In addition, they award successful candidates with a recognizance that confirms their knowledge and comprehension of IPC quality systems.
- A quality assurance engineer or manufacturing supervisor who has responsibility for quality assurance assemblies can qualify for this CIT training course.
Module 1 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C General content, applicable documents, wire preparation, measuring, and testing
This mandatory module contains content that applies to all other sections of the document, a list of relevant documents, and the electronic assembly process.
- Introduction/IPC Professional Policies and Procedures (section 1)
- Foreword and Applicable Documents (section 2)
- Cable/wire preparation (section 3)
- Measuring Cable Assemblies (section 11)
- Testing Cable Assemblies (section 19)
Module 2 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Crimping and Insulation Displacement
This additional knowledge module provides process standards for wire and cable connections that are formed by crimping and those formed by Insulation Displacement Connectors.
- Crimp Terminations (section 5)
- Insulation Displacement Connections (section 6)
Module 3 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Soldered Terminals and High Voltage
The process requirements and acceptability requirements for wire and cable connections made by soldering and those connections used in a high voltage assembly are presented in this additional knowledge module.
- Soldered Terminations (section 4)
- High Voltage Applications (section 20)
Module 4 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Connectorization, Molding and Potting
Process requirements and acceptability requirements for wire and cable connections installed into various connectors and moldings and potting are presented in this additional knowledge module.
- Connectorization (section 9)
- Molding/Potting (section10)
Module 5 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Splices
This additional knowledge module provides process and acceptability requirements for wire and cable assembly marking, securing, shielding and finishing.
- Splices (section 8)
Module 6 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Marking, Securing, Shielding, and finished assemblies
This knowledge module contains process requirements and acceptability requirements for wire and cable assembly marking, securing, shielding and finishing.
- Marking/Labeling (section 12)
- Wire Bundle Securing (section 14)
- Shielding (section 15)
- Protective Coverings (section 16)
Module 7 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Coaxial Cables
The wire and cable process and acceptability requirements in this additional knowledge module include coaxial cables.
- Coaxial and Twinaxial Cable Assemblies (section 13)
Module 8 – IPC/WHMA-A-620C Ultrasonic Welding and Solderless wrap
The wire and cable manufacturing process requirements and acceptability requirements for ultrasonic welding or solderless wrap connections are included in this additional knowledge module.
- Solderless Wire Wrap (section 18)
- Ultrasonic Welding (section 7)
The information presented in this module is designed to help you teach the lesson plan effectively.
- How to properly convey the lesson plan step by step including presentation and guiding in correct direction.
If you want to reduce the time spent away from the office, traveling, and the cost of sending people to the class, On-Site Training may be for you. But, this might only be cost-effective for several people. We are not limited to just one type of training, at Ectrotec Training we have both on-site and training centers. For more information on student quantity and material discounts, please contact our business support team.
Who we are
EctroTech is one of the largest training centres for the electronics industry in Europe, providing technical training and support for the manufacturing industry to quality people with quality that’s unbeatable. Our clients operate across various industries, including telecommunications, saleable electronics, automotive, protection and security, automotive, railroad, aviation and space, oil and gas, medical, life support, and more. With over more than 25+ years of experience in the manufacturing, testing, and quality inspection of various high ticket industries like Military, Medical, Aerospace, Aircraft, and Commercial electronics and more. From inspection services to ESD services, consultancy, training services and more, we have a wide range of products and services.Content-based open courses are not only customisable, but also engaging and informative. Customised training, on the other hand, are specifically designed to meet your learning demands. The recognition of the training is also high, so the effect will be optimal. We provide training materials, knowledge/skill assessments, solder training kits, IPC materials, and more to help your manufacturing operations succeed.